The only Indian-born naturalized Canadian actor, Akshay kumar is ranked as one of the highest paid Bollywood actors and high paid entertainers in the World. He is one of the most successful prolific actors of Hindi cinema. He was the first Bollywood actor whose films have crossed domestic net lifetime collections oftenly.
- Real Name- Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia
- Nickname- Akki, Raju, Mac, Khiladi Kumar
- Date of Birth- 9 September, 1967
- Place of Birth- Amritsar, Punjab
- Zodiac Sign- Virgo
- Father’s Name- Late Hari Om Bhatia
- Mother’s Name- Late Aruna Bhatia
- Sister’s Name- Alka Bhatia
- Marriage Date- 17 January 2001
- Wife’s Name- Twinkle Khanna
- Children’s Name- Nitara, Aarav
- Religion- Punjabi Rajput, Hinduism
- Profession- Actor, Producer, Martial Artist and Television Personality
- Nationality- Indian & Canadian
He worked as a background dancer in various films and ultimately stepped into Bollywood making his debut appearance on-screen in 1992 with the movie Saugandh. In 1992, he played the lead in the movie Deedar.
His mainstream success came with the action thriller Khiladi. After giving a number of flops in a row, hi’s comic performance in “Heera Pheri” rocked them in the aisles. After this movie, it was stated that a new Akshay was born with a comic talent. He was also seen in “Garam Masala” and “Bhagam Bhag”.
He played double roles in “Jai Kishan”, “Khiladi 420”, “Chandni Chowk to China” and “Rowdy Rathore”. In 2016, his extraordinary role in “Rustom” which was based on the real life incident was his first time that he acted as a Parsi and was highly admired by the audience.
He was honoured with the “Rajiv Gandhi Award” in 2004 for his outstanding achievements in Bollywood and “Padma Shri” in 2009 by the Government of India. He was also awarded “Best Villian” for Ajnabee in 2002; “Best Comedian” for Garam Masala; “Best Actor” for Rustom in 2017 and along with these many he has many other awards, honours and achievements to his name.